Best time to take the DAT during the Application Cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentKTL

Reaction score
I am a reapplicant this cycle and took the DAT last year with a 20 AA. I have already submitted my ADEA AADSAS and TMDSAS application. I planned to retake the DAT June 10th as the date is coming closer I do not feel as confident and i want to reschedule to late July. would this hurt my chances of receiving a potential interview in the fall?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a reapplicant this cycle and took the DAT last year with a 20 AA. I have already submitted my ADEA AADSAS and TMDSAS application. I planned to retake the DAT June 10th as the date is coming closer I do not feel as confident and i want to reschedule to late July. would this hurt my chances of receiving a potential interview in the fall?
hard to say without a full wamc template and knowing when you applied last cycle, how many schools you applied to, and how many interviews you received (with results)

and also how you define "hurt my chances"

I applied in august and only to the 4 texas schools and did not receive any interviews.
i do plan on apply to those same schools and adding out of state schools this cycle

I applied in august and only to the 4 texas schools and did not receive any interviews.
i do plan on apply to those same schools and adding out of state schools this cycle
hard to say without a full wamc template and knowing when you applied last cycle, how many schools you applied to, and how many interviews you received (with results)

Members don't see this ad :)

I am a first time applicant but i am thinking of delaying my dat to july. I have submitted my TMDSAS so DAT is only thing missing. I have 4.0 GPA. when is the latest to take DAT. If i take in july, it will probably take till mid august for my whole application to be ready with processed DAT, is this late or do they start looking at applications in august?

I am a first time applicant but i am thinking of delaying my dat to july. I have submitted my TMDSAS so DAT is only thing missing. I have 4.0 GPA. when is the latest to take DAT. If i take in july, it will probably take till mid august for my whole application to be ready with processed DAT, is this late or do they start looking at applications in august?
Unlike every other application process, you have an unofficial DAT score once you walk out the door of the testing center, which can be sent to the schools on your list. Your goal is to get your transcript verified as soon as possible so that any schools waiting for your DAT score can begin to move once they receive your unofficial results. There is no reason for you to lie about your DAT given that the official score will be sent a few weeks later, so schools have confidence that your scores are legitimate, or else if they see you committed fraud (for not being truthful), they'll cut your application.

So the timing of the DAT is up to you. Yes the later you wait, the more applications will pass yours by during screening. But things work out if you put down a solid, desirable score.