Best Videos from First Aid Express?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaleerkalut

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my plan was originally to start FA 1 pass through today and finish in 7 days. Then again a 7 day pass of FA during my last week. Then the last day before my test I was going to flip through all the pharm sections in FA. I'm now behind on this schedule and I already hate reading FA so cutting my first pass to 6 days and jamming in an extra 11 pages a day doesn't sound like a good idea (particularly because I have ~450 UWorld questions to do).

I was going to watch First Aid Express videos for sections that were done well so I could save myself some time during the first pass but I don't know which ones are worth it? Thanks in advance to anybody that can offer up some help :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say it depends on what your weaknesses are. The best USMLERx section I've seen so far is immunology.

I wouldn't waste time with psychiatry - they're basically just reading out loud to you.

I also thought that biochem was pretty good (I'm only about halfway through it right now), and embryo and neuro were also useful.

I haven't watched any others yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
edit: this for the 2011 videos

Here's the breakdown of the videos:
Peter Gayed - immunology, pharmacology
Jeremy Hoffman - biochemistry, embryology, heme/onc, microbiology, pathology, renal
Tao Le - behavioral science, cardiovascular, psychology, reproductive, respiratory
Aaron Feinstein - endocrine, GI, musculoskeletal, neurology

I haven't watched all of them yet but this is what I think so far. Gayed and Hoffman are both good, Le and Feinstein are okay. Gayed has the best explanations, but like I said sometimes it annoys me by how long he takes writing stuff out. Hoffman is a really good teacher and is very efficient.

Le and Feinstein don't really add much to what is in FA. They're not bad, but I don't learn as much from their videos as I do from the other two. I'm still going to watch some of theirs just a way to force myself to go through everything in FA.

Last edited:
I'd say it depends on what your weaknesses are. The best USMLERx section I've seen so far is immunology.

I wouldn't waste time with psychiatry - they're basically just reading out loud to you.

I also thought that biochem was pretty good (I'm only about halfway through it right now), and embryo and neuro were also useful.

Just curious are you doing both DIT and these videos? That's alot of videos :)

I used USMLE Express to help guide me through my initial thorough pass of First Aid, which was sort of in preparation for DIT.

I just watched the first Cardio video and I'm a little stumped by something Tao Le says (although I admit cardio is a weak point). He states that since coronary blood flow is halted during systole that most infarctions occur during diastole. Can anybody clarify this? I know that most filling occurs during diastole thats why I thought systole is when the majory of infarctions would occur no? Thanks in advance :)

Here's the breakdown of the videos:
Peter Gayed - immunology, pharmacology
Jeremy Hoffman - biochemistry, embryology, heme/onc, microbiology, pathology, renal
Tao Le - behavioral science, cardiovascular, psychology, reproductive, respiratory
Aaron Feinstein - endocrine, GI, musculoskeletal, neurology

I haven't watched all of them yet but this is what I think so far. Gayed and Hoffman are both good, Le and Feinstein are okay. Gayed has the best explanations, but like I said sometimes it annoys me by how long he takes writing stuff out. Hoffman is a really good teacher and is very efficient.

Le and Feinstein don't really add much to what is in FA. They're not bad, but I don't learn as much from their videos as I do from the other two. I'm still going to watch some of theirs just a way to force myself to go through everything in FA.

Does anybody know how long the Neurology videos and Microbiology videos are time-wise? I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance :)