Best way to do EK 101 Verbal Reasoning?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grindtime1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are only 14 exams total, 60 minutes each. Should I do one full 60 min exam until I complete all 14?

Or is it okay to do half a full exam each day (assuming you did half of an exam every day, I'd need 28 days to complete the book).

I'm afraid I'm wasting the passages if I do the full 60 min exam.

Members don't see this ad.

There are only 14 exams total, 60 minutes each. Should I do one full 60 min exam until I complete all 14?

Or is it okay to do half a full exam each day (assuming you did half of an exam every day, I'd need 28 days to complete the book).

I'm afraid I'm wasting the passages if I do the full 60 min exam.

Always do full exams. This is because 1) for timing, 2) for endurance, and 3) for worst-case scenarios (you spend 10 minutes per first two passages). Separating passages is done by others in the past, but I feel like that actually isn't very helpful since real MCAT VR is an hour long, and you should prepare for VR to be one hour (and there's nothing else to prepare for VR anyway... not like you can memorize "reactions" of VR. :laugh:).

If you are worried about time, I would take VR on one day, review the exams the next day, do another VR on the third day, etc... Also try to get TPR Verbal Workbook as well.

What I have been doing is two passages a day. I think you can vary between 2 and 3 day for the first few weeks of studying. Then when you get the hang of it, you can increase the amount. However, I also have the TPR Hyperlearning Verbal workbook, so I have more passages available.

When are you testing btw?

For some reason, as the passages go on, they seem to get more and more interesting >.>. I'm not sure if its because I'm getting better at it, or there really is nothing more exciting than reading verbal passages during the summer =/

I also time myself 6 minutes per passage

Last edited: