Best way to learn from USMLE World

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mwalker394

Person
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used USMLE World a small amount during 2nd year, mainly to study for miniboards. I reset it when I started to study for Step 1. I am 10 days away from my test and I have 25% of the bank left. I should be able to finish it, as my last 8 days are exclusively for final FA review and taking questions.

My problem is that I have been doing all the questions in timed, random 46-question sets and I have only reviewed the answers to little over half of the 1500 questions or so that I have done. It takes me an incredibly long time to review a single 46-question block, because I like to take notes from the explanations, as I'm sure most people do.

Considering I have about 500 questions left for 10 days, I'm not sure how I should continue and how I can best learn from World at this point. Should I continue doing World as I have been and just try to review as many questions as I can each day? (I'd probably only get through 1/3 by the time I'm done...). Should I do only incorrect questions on tutor mode to see if I have since learned the concept and, if not, take notes? Again, don't know how much I could get done here and I hate to not practice my timing so close to the test. Should I just keep taking 46-question blocks as I have and not worry about reviewing as much?

What do y'all think is the best way to learn from World? How do you do it? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I used USMLE World a small amount during 2nd year, mainly to study for miniboards. I reset it when I started to study for Step 1. I am 10 days away from my test and I have 25% of the bank left. I should be able to finish it, as my last 8 days are exclusively for final FA review and taking questions.

My problem is that I have been doing all the questions in timed, random 46-question sets and I have only reviewed the answers to little over half of the 1500 questions or so that I have done. It takes me an incredibly long time to review a single 46-question block, because I like to take notes from the explanations, as I'm sure most people do.

Considering I have about 500 questions left for 10 days, I'm not sure how I should continue and how I can best learn from World at this point. Should I continue doing World as I have been and just try to review as many questions as I can each day? (I'd probably only get through 1/3 by the time I'm done...). Should I do only incorrect questions on tutor mode to see if I have since learned the concept and, if not, take notes? Again, don't know how much I could get done here and I hate to not practice my timing so close to the test. Should I just keep taking 46-question blocks as I have and not worry about reviewing as much?

What do y'all think is the best way to learn from World? How do you do it? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

I would review all the question you did but did not go over first. What is the point of doing the questions and not looking them over?