Best Way To Prepare For Saba Given My Situation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Confused 20

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been admitted to the January 2011 class at Saba and am extremely frightened given the fact that I am an individual of average intelligence with a very minimal science background. I was wondering if anyone would be so kind to provide me the best method to approach my preparation for Saba now that I only have 232 days until class starts and have taken the following Biology related courses in the past:
Introductory Biology (for non-majors) - A
Introductory Biology I - A
Introductory Biology II - A
Introductory Botany - A
Heredity and Society - A
Evolution & Human Diversity – A

I plan on taking Anatomy and Physiology I and II this summer and purchasing “Atlas of Human Anatomy” – 5th ediition by Frank H. Netter. I currently have the following textbooks and materials:
“Histology – A Text and Atlas” – 5th edition by Ross and Pawlina
“Color Atlas of Histology” – 5th edition by Gartner and Hiatt
“Clinically Oriented Anatomy” – 6th edition by Moore
“Langman’s Medical Embryology” 11th edition by Sadler
“Board Review Series – Gross Anatomy” – 6th edition
Rao’s Notes On Anatomy and Embryology

I have recently quit my job and am spending 12 hours each day Monday – Friday and 13 hours on Saturday studying the above textbooks and materials using the Anatomy syllabus from January Fall 2009 (which gives the reading assignments in “Clinically Oriented Anatomy” – 6th edition by Moore and“Langman’s Medical Embryology” 11th edition by Sadler). On Sunday I attempt to rest and watch the Ackland Anatomy DVD section of the anatomy material that I have been studying from Monday - Saturday.

Can anyone give me any suggestions on how I may best utilize my time in the next 232 days to best prepare for Saba. Are 12 hours each day enough study time or should I attempt to study a great deal more? Should I just study for the first semester or should I also study for the second semester or is it best to study for the first semester and also study for Biochemistry? I am especially worried about Biochemistry because I did not take it as an undergraduate and also am worried about the fact that I did not take Genetics, Microbiology, and Cell Biology. Should I attempt to take these courses at my university and/or local community college? Should I attempt to research ways of improving memorization and learning since I believe I have an average memory and of average intelligence for a college student? Are there any websites,textbooks and/or materials that I should purchase to prepare for anatomy or the basic sciences?

If anyone would be so kind as to provide me any advice, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if anyone would be willing to send me the lecture materials from the first few semesters, please send me a private message and I would be glad to work out an arraignment where you would be paid for providing this service.

Members don't see this ad.

go to valuemd.com and click on the Saba University link, you'll get specific help there. save SDN for USMLE prep, residency apps, etc.

you sound kinda pathetic with this post, but in reading your other threads i don't doubt your sincerity. cheer up dude, stick with the program and you'll do fine. you could also contact the school directly to find out what courses they think would be wise to prep for.

best of luck