Best way to prepare for Step 1 Anatomy and Embryo?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GobindSingh

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to have a very strong performance on these parts of the test. (When I say anatomy, I'm not including neuroanatomy.)

Was going to read BRS books for both, is it neccessary in order to have a very good performance in these subjects?

Thanks for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

GobindSingh said:
I would like to have a very strong performance on these parts of the test. (When I say anatomy, I'm not including neuroanatomy.)

Was going to read BRS books for both, is it neccessary in order to have a very good performance in these subjects?

Thanks for any advice!

Anatomy and embryo are not that heavily represented on Step 1. However, if you are aiming for a high score (>240) every little bit helps and I would at least know whats in FA for these subjects. In addition, I recommend Hi-Yield embryo as a supplement (its very concise yet thorough) and the limb charts in Hi-Yield Anatomy (e.g. brachial plexus injuries). Do not bother with BRS, its just way too much.

The amount of anatomy depends on the test you get (see other threads on this), so you are wise not to discount it. First Aid was sufficinet in my experience. Good luck!

embryo isnt taught very weel so far at my school. is this big on the boards? any suggestions on how i can learn it on my own? does first aid tell me what i need to know? whats an example embryo question they give?