Best way to study for AKT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

purpledragon1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I was wondering which resources to use for AKT study? Starting CA-1 in a month and would like to do relatively well on the first few AKT's. I started using the M5 question bank and read a little bit of M&M but not a big fan of reading huge texts. Any other resources (particularly question banks) that focus specifically on the AKT? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

There's a gigantic PDF that some program made way back when and most of the questions are very similar if not directly on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Baby Miller for your 1 month AKT. Then throw that book away and read a real one. I wouldn’t describe M&M as “huge text” and I think that’s a quite easy read that imo is essential. We are all different and you’re an adult, but never reading an Anesthesia text is weird if you ask me. There is still knowledge to master, and though Qbanks are best for test prep I don’t think they build the basis for your supposed expertise. My .02

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all, I was wondering which resources to use for AKT study? Starting CA-1 in a month and would like to do relatively well on the first few AKT's. I started using the M5 question bank and read a little bit of M&M but not a big fan of reading huge texts. Any other resources (particularly question banks) that focus specifically on the AKT? Thanks.

while i did nothing, i admire your foresight and ambition to do well and go in prepared..

i would buy a cheap, thin, big picture (overview/anesthesia for dummys) anesthesia review book and master it (like first aid or whatever the popular one on amazon is now)

try to get your hands on old AKTs and do 3-5 of them and understand them.. thats all i would do

Akt is so useless we didn't even get our score back! That's how much the program cared

Akt is so useless we didn't even get our score back! That's how much the program cared

I did have a couple programs ask for all of my AKT/ITE scores for fellowship apps. Not sure how much they really mattered, certainly your 1mo means close to nothing, but your 1yr is the one that fellowships are going to use to some degree. With that said, AKT is sort of like a practice for ITE.

I did have a couple programs ask for all of my AKT/ITE scores for fellowship apps. Not sure how much they really mattered, certainly your 1mo means close to nothing, but your 1yr is the one that fellowships are going to use to some degree. With that said, AKT is sort of like a practice for ITE.

I never took a 1 year akt..

I took total of two akt. One in the very beginning and another 6 weeks later I believe. We already have Ite and basic exam in ca1 year. Can't imagine taking akt as well at the end of ca1.. that'd be ******ed since they are like all the same test

I never took a 1 year akt..

I took total of two akt. One in the very beginning and another 6 weeks later I believe. We already have Ite and basic exam in ca1 year. Can't imagine taking akt as well at the end of ca1.. that'd be ******ed since they are like all the same test

Same, we were told at the time our residency was opting out of the AKT cohort with the addition of the BASIC exam. It’s just too much and too redundant. Many/most? other programs followed suit so I’m surprised programs still use it out there.

Same, we were told at the time our residency was opting out of the AKT cohort with the addition of the BASIC exam. It’s just too much and too redundant. Many/most? other programs followed suit so I’m surprised programs still use it out there.

Brigham takes akts

You'll never regret doing well on a test, and the AKT6 is the most game-able of all tests. It has a very narrow content outline.
+1. My good performance on the AKTs saved me from a year of pimping.