Best way to study for cumulative finals? 7 exams in 6 days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kellerac

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the first response to this thread will be "everyone studies differently", but I'm posting more to see what works for other people. I've never had a finals week of this magnitude. I'm stuck between two methods.

1) Study multiple subjects per night (around 1.5 hours per subject, more or less depending on how tough the material is)

2) Study one subject per night

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

1. Study multiple subjects- too much in one day and you won't remember anything. Study each subject 1-2 hours at at time
2. Give yourself distraction breaks- just don't let distractions interrupt your study
3. Turn off your cell phone
4. Study what you need to know, not what you already know
5. Get together with your study partner and quiz each other
6. Get plenty of sleep- overnighters are for people who don't study effectively

Okay I think this is a good start.

Reactions: 3 users
this is not going to be helpful but start like a month ago

Members don't see this ad :)
The best way to study for 7 exams in 6 days is to study the subjects that you are most deficient in/worst grade and then focus on what is truly attainable for yourself. It really just depends on your own course load and your own grades. Building off of what Trutherseeker said you really just have to stay on top of it to ease the stress. One subject a night might be the best option however. Best of luck!

I remember studying for Exams 1&2 the night before 1. Then 2&3, and so on. These are the times where it's helpful to have been studying throughout the semester, and you're really just reviewing the information/brushing up. It sucks because it feels like cramming and makes for a stressful week or two.