Best way to study for optics?

Started by ymt590
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ymt590

ProSociety
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everybody, I'm preparing for part 1 of boards and I've been having difficulty studying optics. what books or guides do you recommend I should use to help me grasp it better? Also I came across this book "Essential Optics Review for the boards" by Wilkinson, there were a few good reviews on it, is it helpful for part 1?

Also, if you have any other tips on preparing for the other material thats on boards I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
 
I agree that Essential Optics is good. I also think one of the best book is the newly published "CLINICAL OPTICS MADE EASY". It is easy and fun to read. It simplifies a difficult subject. The author writes with humor. I think you all with enjoy reading it and expect you all will learn a lot from it.

Amazon product ASIN 0692051473