Best way to use DAT Destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Chicago_predental

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all

I just got the Destroyer book last week, and wanted to know the most effective way to use it. Im currently using Chad's, Feralis Notes and Khan Academy to get the basic science/math knowledge before I attempt to solve problems. Thanks!
 
If you plan on using DAT Bootcamp, I would follow their schedule. Otherwise, I would pick a set amount of questions (say, 30) and do 30 questions from each section daily. It's important to see all the subjects every day. Do not do these questions timed just try to reason your way through them. Then, check the answer key in the back. If you got the answer wrong, use one of your other resources to determine WHY you got it wrong. Personally, I wrote down all of the pertinent information that I got wrong in a journal which I reviewed every couple of days. This way you are truly LEARNING those key concepts. For organic chemistry, I wrote down their Roadmaps and rewrote them out every day thinking about the reactions that take place. If you have time to finish Chad's first before diving into Destroyer I would recommend that. Chad gives you a good baseline to start from.
 
If you plan on using DAT Bootcamp, I would follow their schedule. Otherwise, I would pick a set amount of questions (say, 30) and do 30 questions from each section daily. It's important to see all the subjects every day. Do not do these questions timed just try to reason your way through them. Then, check the answer key in the back. If you got the answer wrong, use one of your other resources to determine WHY you got it wrong. Personally, I wrote down all of the pertinent information that I got wrong in a journal which I reviewed every couple of days. This way you are truly LEARNING those key concepts. For organic chemistry, I wrote down their Roadmaps and rewrote them out every day thinking about the reactions that take place. If you have time to finish Chad's first before diving into Destroyer I would recommend that. Chad gives you a good baseline to start from.

OP never mentioned DAT Bootcamp anywhere lol

Chicago_predental - I would go over the content in Feralis Notes and Chad's videos or whatever you use before touching the Destroyer books. When going through the book, pay attention to the ones you get wrong and try redoing them if you get time.