Best way to utilize Uworld qbank?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EazyE1907

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Im sort of undecided on how i should use Uworld. I'm currently reading FA 2014, started with organ systems and half-way done with the whole book. Upon completion of each chapter I'll do pathoma and Rx questions for the corresponding chapters. Currently at 65% on Rx, but lately i've noticed the rx questions can either be straight recall or so ambigous sometimes and i don't really feel like it's helping me too much. I got a question the other day asking how i could differentiate between Juvenile arthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis, ridiculous question imo . i think somewhere around 38% got it correct. Should i should start using Uworld now in timed/untimed tutor mode solely as a learning tool or save it for later once i get a better grasp on FA. I'm an IMG shooting for a test date in May/june of this year. any advice/input is much appreciated. thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, Im sort of undecided on how i should use Uworld. I'm currently reading FA 2014, started with organ systems and half-way done with the whole book. Upon completion of each chapter I'll do pathoma and Rx questions for the corresponding chapters. Currently at 65% on Rx, but lately i've noticed the rx questions can either be straight recall or so ambigous sometimes and i don't really feel like it's helping me too much. I got a question the other day asking how i could differentiate between Juvenile arthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis, ridiculous question imo . i think somewhere around 38% got it correct. Should i should start using Uworld now in timed/untimed tutor mode solely as a learning tool or save it for later once i get a better grasp on FA. I'm an IMG shooting for a test date in May/june of this year. any advice/input is much appreciated. thank you.
I think timed, random is the best method. It simulates taking a block, which is invaluable. If you do tutor, then you know if you got it right immediately--doesnt give you the opportunity to practice marking questions, then going back and reevaluating your initial answer.

Reactions: 1 users
My opinion would be to power through as much of Rx as you can, and aim to start Uworld on random, timed, 46 q blocks at the beginning of March. My exam date is around the same time and from what I've gathered it seems like solid advice.

Reactions: 1 user
I think timed, random is the best method. It simulates taking a block, which is invaluable. If you do tutor, then you know if you got it right immediately--doesnt give you the opportunity to practice marking questions, then going back and reevaluating your initial answer.
My opinion would be to power through as much of Rx as you can, and aim to start Uworld on random, timed, 46 q blocks at the beginning of March. My exam date is around the same time and from what I've gathered it seems like solid advice.

These guys are spot-on that UWorld should be done in timed-random as full blocks.

And yeah, doing USMLE Rx will increase your USMLE score.