Beta blocker prior to interviewing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pnwloving

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a history of being anxious and shutting down prior to interviews and was prescribed a beta blocker by a provider of mine for interviews this cycle. However, I do not have any particularly stressful experiences prior to my upcoming interview and have concerns that I will react adversely when I take it on interview a day Given this, do any of you have any experience with the same? Can sleep deprivation invoke a similar response thereby allowing me to have some idea of how my body will respond? I tend to run hypotensive at baseline and the last thing I need is to have a syncopal episode at my interview

Members don't see this ad.

I don't want to be a terrible human being, and as much as I do empathize with you for being anxious, you're putting yourself at a disadvantage.

1. You don't know how you'll react when you're interviewing.
2. Not entirely sure if I want my surgeon/ER doc/ICU doc having to take anxiolytic medication when making a life or death decision on a loved one.

That being said, rather than taking a medication to target your anxiety, grab life by the horns. Practice to lower your anxiety whether it be stepping out of your comfort zone, or practice interviewing multiple times with other people. You'll inherently get better at interviewing as you go on more interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.