Beth Israel FP or Stamford FP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monamoon23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am new to this forum. I actually got offered a position off cycle at the above two programs and am wondering which to choose. Anyone out there have any opinions or comments? ANY information from you guys would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you like overpaying for an undersized abode? Do you like living in the overcrowded, filthy, overpriced place called New York City? Or would you like a more normal life in Stamford, CT?

Im assuming you're talking about Beth Israel Medical center in NYC and Stamford Hospital in CT?

Hey all,

I am new to this forum. I actually got offered a position off cycle at the above two programs and am wondering which to choose. Anyone out there have any opinions or comments? ANY information from you guys would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Just curious- how do you find off-cycle positions (apart from word-of-mouth)?

Members don't see this ad :)
There are family med/sports med residencies? I thought there were only family med residencies and you can do some certificate or fellowship in sports medicine.

There are family med/sports med residencies? I thought there were only family med residencies and you can do some certificate or fellowship in sports medicine.

JPS in Fort Worth has a combine residency/fellowship program in FM/SM as part of the P4 initiative. You apply as an R2 (instead of R3 for all other programs). Their fellowship is closed off to outside applicants.

That's the only one I know of, which isn't to say there aren't others out there.