Beth Israel step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anxietypeaker

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On Beth Israel's gs residency page it states that the minimum step 1 is a 94 percent. What does that mean? It can't mean the two digit score. I know people scoring 240 or so and the two digit score was lower than 90. Or do they seriously screen out people who have that score? Anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

On Beth Israel's gs residency page it states that the minimum step 1 is a 94 percent. What does that mean?

I would assume they are making the common mistake of saying the 2 digit score equals a percentile.

It can't mean the two digit score. I know people scoring 240 or so and the two digit score was lower than 90. Or do they seriously screen out people who have that score? Anyone know?

Hm. Not sure if the scaling has changed, but back when I took the test I think anything above about a 235 was a 99.

Regardless, as WS mentioned the 2 digit is irrelevant moving forward.

I would assume they are making the common mistake of saying the 2 digit score equals a percentile.

Hm. Not sure if the scaling has changed, but back when I took the test I think anything above about a 235 was a 99.

Regardless, as WS mentioned the 2 digit is irrelevant moving forward.
Yeah, I'm glad they took it away because they must have changed it. I got above a 235 and my score was still in the upper 80's.