better on the real MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zonapellucida

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering- did any of you do better on the real MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Than the AAMC practice tests?

First MCAT: no (better on practice)
Second MCAT: yes (better on real)

Hello :)

I was also wondering- people said that schools look at the "most recent" score, which hopefully is the highest score. is that true?

Hello :)

I was also wondering- people said that schools look at the "most recent" score, which hopefully is the highest score. is that true?

It depends on the school. Some take averages. There is a recent thread discussing your question. You might want to search for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
On my first MCAT in 2008, I got a 31 average on the two AAMC tests I took and about a 33 overall counting the (unrepresentative) Barron's practice tests. I got a 29 on the real thing.

This time, I got a 35.55 average on all nine of the AAMC tests and I got a 36 overall.

I scored within my AAMC practice test range, but slightly above the average. My feeling is that this is pretty standard.

I scored my highest ever (out of about 20 practice tests) on the real deal. My last 4 tests were 36, 37, 38, 37 and my real deal was a 39Q, I think I averaged about 35 or so if you count my earlier practice tests. Its definitely possible, but from what I learned, pretty rare.

There's a poll for this. Do a search for it. The skew is decidedly in the "did worse on the real thing" direction, although most people do about their average.