Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Better to drop or get a C+ in Genetics?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by popcorn11, Jun 16, 2008.

1. popcorn11

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey Guys,

I got a C+ in Genetics during my 1st semester, Junior year and I think I might be able to drop it. I graduated already and gotten 3 C+ during my first semesters in college. But since my Junior year i have gotten only A's and B's with an exception to this C+ in Genetics. I have dropped one class before my sophomore year.

Should i drop this class to cancel that C+ during my junior year? Or leave it? Which one will look better for medical school?

Thanks so much!
    (By the way, keeping Genetics will allow me to double major if I take 3 more units, if i take it out, I wont be able to double major but I dont think thats very important..)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. abcabc1

2+ Year Member

I'd keep it unless, it can be dropped AND no one will ever know you took the course in the first place.

4. WinterLights

Pre-Medical
    This is a tough call. If you had nothing but straight A's and B's then I would tell you to drop and take the W. But since you already have 3 C+'s and a W, its hard to make a call. My advice is to calculate what your GPA would be if you kept the C+. If it is 0.1 point or more lower than it would be without the C+ (i.e. 3.4 to 3.3), then just take the W. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion.