Better to drop or get a C+ in Genetics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

popcorn11

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I got a C+ in Genetics during my 1st semester, Junior year and I think I might be able to drop it. I graduated already and gotten 3 C+ during my first semesters in college. But since my Junior year i have gotten only A's and B's with an exception to this C+ in Genetics. I have dropped one class before my sophomore year.

Should i drop this class to cancel that C+ during my junior year? Or leave it? Which one will look better for medical school?

Thanks so much!
(By the way, keeping Genetics will allow me to double major if I take 3 more units, if i take it out, I wont be able to double major but I dont think thats very important..)

Members don't see this ad.

I'd keep it unless, it can be dropped AND no one will ever know you took the course in the first place.

This is a tough call. If you had nothing but straight A's and B's then I would tell you to drop and take the W. But since you already have 3 C+'s and a W, its hard to make a call. My advice is to calculate what your GPA would be if you kept the C+. If it is 0.1 point or more lower than it would be without the C+ (i.e. 3.4 to 3.3), then just take the W. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion.