SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Better to drop or get a C+ in Genetics?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by popcorn11, Jun 16, 2008.

1. popcorn11

popcorn11 2+ Year Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Hey Guys,

I got a C+ in Genetics during my 1st semester, Junior year and I think I might be able to drop it. I graduated already and gotten 3 C+ during my first semesters in college. But since my Junior year i have gotten only A's and B's with an exception to this C+ in Genetics. I have dropped one class before my sophomore year.

Should i drop this class to cancel that C+ during my junior year? Or leave it? Which one will look better for medical school?

Thanks so much!
    (By the way, keeping Genetics will allow me to double major if I take 3 more units, if i take it out, I wont be able to double major but I dont think thats very important..)
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. abcabc1

abcabc1 2+ Year Member

Apr 21, 2008
    I'd keep it unless, it can be dropped AND no one will ever know you took the course in the first place.
  4. WinterLights

Sep 15, 2007
    This is a tough call. If you had nothing but straight A's and B's then I would tell you to drop and take the W. But since you already have 3 C+'s and a W, its hard to make a call. My advice is to calculate what your GPA would be if you kept the C+. If it is 0.1 point or more lower than it would be without the C+ (i.e. 3.4 to 3.3), then just take the W. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion.