• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

ColumbiaPsych

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2002
Visit site
Status
Hey,

Is anyone else attending the Betty Ford Center Summer Institute for Medical Students. I think it's going to be an amazing opportunity.

RedBlanket

Hi everybody!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2003
California
Visit site
Status
I'm not attending it this summer, but I went a few years ago. It is quite an experience. We had a great time hanging out with the other med students. Try to make sure someone has a car everyone can cram into. Afterhours we went to Palm Springs street fairs, up a cable car into the mountains, even went out for drinks (very hush, hush of course, not exactly kosher).

I found that you really get a sense of the "alcoholic personality" and you get to hear amazing and sad tales of people's lives. The family program is great, but working with inpatients is probably a bit better.

Enjoy!

About the Ads