Betty Ford Center Summer Institute

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ColumbiaPsych

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,

Is anyone else attending the Betty Ford Center Summer Institute for Medical Students. I think it's going to be an amazing opportunity.
 
I'm not attending it this summer, but I went a few years ago. It is quite an experience. We had a great time hanging out with the other med students. Try to make sure someone has a car everyone can cram into. Afterhours we went to Palm Springs street fairs, up a cable car into the mountains, even went out for drinks (very hush, hush of course, not exactly kosher).

I found that you really get a sense of the "alcoholic personality" and you get to hear amazing and sad tales of people's lives. The family program is great, but working with inpatients is probably a bit better.

Enjoy!