Biden administration cancels additional $55.6 million in student debt

Started by alpha12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

alpha12

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad

"
The Department of Education canceled an additional $55.6 million in student loan debt for 1,800 students who were victims of a for-profit college fraud, bringing the total amount of canceled student loan debt by the Biden administration to $1.5 billion."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pharmacy schools are fraud at this point.
They must know how bad the job market is and how poorly the majority of the pharmacists are being treated by emoloyers.
Schools must be full of psychopaths to let students go through their programs, knowing how the majority of them end up.
Besides, those schools that are using old and/or misleading salary and employment data- straight up fraudulent.
I wouldn't say all of them, but many of them for sure.

Agreed. When I was in school, I sat in on a BOP conference call with one of my preceptors and they straight up said there were no jobs available and residencies inflated the job placement numbers, only to delay further unemployment down the line. This was like 8 years ago.
 
I have never wanted “student loan cancellation”. However I do think that things have gotten out of hand and it’s more complex than saying “you took the loan you need to pay it how the terms say or your a bum”.

I am in favor of canceling all interest for everyone and paying back a principle balance. There is fault from many on all levels to be shared here.
 
I think everyone is getting credits for payment during the pause. You'd be a fool to not be on some sort of income based repayment plan. Not sure how all of this resolves, but it's clear by now going the Dave Ramsey route with your student loans is foolish.
 
Yeah my 10 year PSLF just became 8 years and 1 month.

It’s almost like I’m praying for a massive recession so they have an excuse to extend it further. This is likely the last one, though…still beyond my wildest dreams. This waster equivalent of a ~$34,500 stimulus.