You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Big boxes interviewing only Rho Chi
Started by rxlea
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is today the first of April?
Is today the first of April?
No, I'm being serious! I thought it was dumb too but this is a reputable faculty source.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YES!! I get an interview!!
Too bad I already have 8 interviews lined up for faculty/unicorn jobs without trying.
Too bad I already have 8 interviews lined up for faculty/unicorn jobs without trying.
Which chain?
At least my membership fee was good for something
At least my membership fee was good for something
YES!! I get an interview!!
Too bad I already have 8 interviews lined up for faculty/unicorn jobs without trying.
I'm jelly. You should apply to our faculty unicorn position.
Which chain?
At least my membership fee was good for something![]()
Lulz. He wouldn't say which one but it's one of the two biggies.
This is great news. Less competition for me.
I always thought Rho Chi should be top 5% of the class instead of 20%. They shouldn't invite so many people and companys should only hire us. 🙂
I also feel that only people with GPA of 3.75 and PCAT of 90+ should get into pharmacy school too. These things are very important. However, I know folks with crappy grades will disagree. Of course they will. LOL...
I always thought Rho Chi should be top 5% of the class instead of 20%. They shouldn't invite so many people and companys should only hire us. 🙂
I also feel that only people with GPA of 3.75 and PCAT of 90+ should get into pharmacy school too. These things are very important. However, I know folks with crappy grades will disagree. Of course they will. LOL...
I'm jelly. You should apply to our faculty unicorn position.
The wifey said I no longer have a geographical limitation (which was a day's drive previously) for residency. Arizona (because of their ID program) is now on the radar 😎
The wifey said I no longer have a geographical limitation (which was a day's drive previously) for residency. Arizona (because of their ID program) is now on the radar 😎
Come visit. I'll introduce you to them.
LOL @ Rho Chi and working retail.
This is great news. Less competition for me.
I always thought Rho Chi should be top 5% of the class instead of 20%. They shouldn't invite so many people and companys should only hire us. 🙂
I also feel that only people with GPA of 3.75 and PCAT of 90+ should get into pharmacy school too. These things are very important. However, I know folks with crappy grades will disagree. Of course they will. LOL...
LOL @ Rho Chi and working retail.
![]()
/quitforum
/quitforum
k, bye.
Rho chi probably are more likely to be detail oriented, and less likely to be slackers, but that might actually not be what you need in a speed/script count oriented setting.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YES!! I get an interview!!
Too bad I already have 8 interviews lined up for faculty/unicorn jobs without trying.
Whoever gave you the advice to do PGY1 and 2 was pretty smart...
You should get yourself a Porsche convertible ...
Rho Chi is over-rated.
Rho Chi is over-rated.
So says the dude with a sub 2.5 GPA...
Easily the dumbest thing I've read in the last couple of months. Reputable source my rear end. Most of my Rho Chi classmates never even worked retail. You really think they'll get interviewed and the 4 year intern will not? Out of your mind.
[YOUTUBE]yr_Rpk9HR1g[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]yr_Rpk9HR1g[/YOUTUBE]
Easily the dumbest thing I've read in the last couple of months. Reputable source my rear end. Most of my Rho Chi classmates never even worked retail. You really think they'll get interviewed and the 4 year intern will not? Out of your mind.
[YOUTUBE]yr_Rpk9HR1g[/YOUTUBE]
I'm not joking. You don't think professors and preceptors talk?
I heard a rumor from a reputable source that a certain chain is toying with the idea of only interviewing new grads who are Rho Chi. Has anyone else heard of this?
One of the emails I've received a couple of months ago from the Cleveland Clinic specifically stated that new graduates from Rho Chi should apply. I remember joking about it to my friends how funny that was.

Easily the dumbest thing I've read in the last couple of months. Reputable source my rear end. Most of my Rho Chi classmates never even worked retail. You really think they'll get interviewed and the 4 year intern will not? Out of your mind.
That's not necessarily true. Most of Rho Chi in my class year held intern jobs during school.
This is actually a great idea. The Rho Chi types are typically incredibly easy to control. Dangle a stupid letter in front of their faces and they waste the time to actually memorize the trivia required to get it. Change "grades" to "metrics" and it's ready to see how they would be great worker bees for supervisors. An entire army of drones gunning for numbers. Hell yeah. I'd hire Rho Chi people, too.
Wow...I think pharmacy has hit an all time low.
Awesome...bust your butt in school to be the best to memorize an endless procession of power point slides all to be rewarded with the coveted Rho Chi membership and a shot to work retail. Wow.....
Awesome...bust your butt in school to be the best to memorize an endless procession of power point slides all to be rewarded with the coveted Rho Chi membership and a shot to work retail. Wow.....
Rho Chi doesn't mean anything for retail. I got an offer at a chain already that I didn't even intern for. They don't care about my grades..
Rho Chi doesn't mean anything for retail. I got an offer at a chain already that I didn't even intern for. They don't care about my grades..
We had a residency director talk to us from a local hospital the other day about the application process. They don't seem to care about grades either. They are mostly concerned with whether they can relate to you and deal with you for 40 hours per week.
The last 4 or so people to get jobs in my district for CVS were not Rho Chi. They graduated in May.
too tired to become a rho chi, I just wanna do well in Therapeutics and know my stuff on rotations. Other than that...
I guess they would be more likely to pass naplex on first try. Its always a risk hiring grad interns. You certainly don't have to be a brainiac to work retail, or most pharmacy jobs for that matter.
That's not necessarily true. Most of Rho Chi in my class year held intern jobs during school.
I'm speaking about my class, can't speak for yours.
Sounds like a regional issue where supply > demand of new grads/interns
Anyone want to venture any guesses? I could totally see Target doing this. 
No volume, "exclusive" hiring process, short hours...

No volume, "exclusive" hiring process, short hours...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sounds like a regional issue where supply > demand of new grads/interns
Regional issue you say?
Nine interviews....four faculty jobs.
I've had 4 invitations for interviews from new schools, but on principle I refuse to be on faculty at a new school. All faculty jobs are schools that have been around for years.
Whoever mentioned a few years ago that I should do a residency is a genius.
Now I should go buy myself a Porsche Boxster S......
I've had 4 invitations for interviews from new schools, but on principle I refuse to be on faculty at a new school. All faculty jobs are schools that have been around for years.
Whoever mentioned a few years ago that I should do a residency is a genius.
Now I should go buy myself a Porsche Boxster S......
Last edited:
Nine interviews....four faculty jobs.
I've had 4 invitations for interviews from new schools, but on principle I refuse to be on faculty at a new school. All faculty jobs are schools that have been around for years.
Congrats!👍
D
deleted205891
Nine interviews....four faculty jobs.
I've had 4 invitations for interviews from new schools, but on principle I refuse to be on faculty at a new school. All faculty jobs are schools that have been around for years.
Whoever mentioned a few years ago that I should do a residency is a genius.
Now I should go buy myself a Porsche Boxster S......
Pass those new school interviews to meeeeeeee!
Otherwise, no jobs besides faculty out there. Do I really need to do a PGY-2 after all?
Pass those new school interviews to meeeeeeee!
Otherwise, no jobs besides faculty out there. Do I really need to do a PGY-2 after all?
Most of the positions I have looked at required PGY2.
Z was right all those years ago....PGY 1 and 2 really does open up all sorts of opportunities....
Pass those new school interviews to meeeeeeee!
Otherwise, no jobs besides faculty out there. Do I really need to do a PGY-2 after all?
cycloketocaine is the proof in the pudding
I'm speaking about my class, can't speak for yours.
I think the professors themselves were surprised too, lol.
Pass those new school interviews to meeeeeeee!
Otherwise, no jobs besides faculty out there. Do I really need to do a PGY-2 after all?
You could do a fellowship but I think that's 3 years now?
Pass those new school interviews to meeeeeeee!
Otherwise, no jobs besides faculty out there. Do I really need to do a PGY-2 after all?
Yes. There are faculty openings at a mill not far from here. They are not picky but they still have trouble filling those positions. I'm pretty confident I could get a teaching position there with just a PGY - 1. But I am not going to since their students so far have been embarrassingly bad.
To teach at a respectable school, you pretty much choose between either the PGY-2 trained clinical faculty route or the fellowship/PhD trained tenure track.
Nine interviews....four faculty jobs.
I've had 4 invitations for interviews from new schools, but on principle I refuse to be on faculty at a new school. All faculty jobs are schools that have been around for years.
Whoever mentioned a few years ago that I should do a residency is a genius.
Now I should go buy myself a Porsche Boxster S......
Yeah...but you have to work in academia. I can't imagine a worse fate.
Nine interviews....four faculty jobs.
I've had 4 invitations for interviews from new schools, but on principle I refuse to be on faculty at a new school. All faculty jobs are schools that have been around for years.
Whoever mentioned a few years ago that I should do a residency is a genius.
Now I should go buy myself a Porsche Boxster S......
Boxster S .....a chick car... oh wait ....
cycloketocaine is the proof in the pudding
You saying my statement requires a proof??
Pass those new school interviews to meeeeeeee!
Otherwise, no jobs besides faculty out there. Do I really need to do a PGY-2 after all?
Dood....seriously...don't sell your soul.
Dood....seriously...don't sell your soul.
When jobs are hard to come by, how do you expect no one to sell their soul? Heck we all can't be offering $150k starting salary for staff pharmacists.
When jobs are hard to come by, how do you expect no one to sell their soul? Heck we all can't be offering $150k starting salary for staff pharmacists.![]()
Any pgy2 who work for a mill isn't because of the lack of choice. Its because of the choice they make.
Plenty of jobs for those who complete a pgy2.
Any pgy2 who work for a mill isn't because of the lack of choice. Its because of the choice they make.
Plenty of jobs for those who complete a pgy2.
Bacillus didn't do a PGY2. I am of the mindset if you're gonna do it, then do it. If you're gonna put one year of your life into residency, do 2. It has opened up a plethora of job opportunities for me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted205891
Dood....seriously...don't sell your soul.
Why not? I think teaching in a new program would be a good idea.
A)They don't require as many qualifications, so hopefully no PGY2 required if I want to teach am care (my PGY1 has 5 months of am care)
B)The school will still find someone to take that spot, so it's not like it's gonna close if I don't take the job. Might as well do it and do the best job I can to shape the future of pharmacy and whatnot.
So, all jokes aside, I really think that that's what I want to do with my life. I mean I'd rather teach at an established school (and I did apply to 1 position at non-satellite established school where a PGY-2 isn't necessarily needed for the particular position), but I'm really tired of all these side projects and catering to your preceptor's needs and writing huge notes that I find to be of unnecessary length, and just want to work. And, given that there are more am care faculty jobs than pure am care jobs, I would be glad to work as am care faculty. I looked at faculty bios of some of these programs, and they're not much different from mine, so I think I may have a chance.
Maybe if I don't get anything by March, I'll scramble for an am care PGY-2. That is, unless I have to use PhORCAS to scramble.
Yeah...but you have to work in academia. I can't imagine a worse fate.
I can think of plenty worse...I love my job.
Mike- I'm sure you saw that WVU School of Pharmacy is conducting a search for a new Dean of Student Services: http://pharmacy.hsc.wvu.edu/Pages/Positions
Be the change you want to see!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 5K