Big differences between EK 5th and 6th Editions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

byzintinesun

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I am in the process of studying for the 2006 April MCAT and I would like to know what the BIG differences are between the EK 5th and 6th editions. I inherited the Physics, Orgo, Chemistry, and Verbal 5th editions of the EK books and was wondering if these would suffice for the review. I anticipate purchasing the Bio 6th edition to cover what I am missing but I just need to know if there is anything "new" included in the 6th Ed. versions that I should know for the upcoming test.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry too much about the difference between the two editions. Honestly, they probably just fixed some mistakes, but these mistakes can be found (and are corrected) at examkrackers official site.

My advice: if you have an MCAT coming soon, then get whichever one you can as soon as possible (prob. 5th, and it would probably be cheaper)

Have some time? Taking the MCAT next year or a little later? Then get the 6th edition straight from the site...that's what I did (cost probably 30 bucks more, but I didn't mind), and service was great, took about a week, and it looked and smelled nice when I had it in my hands (I love the smell of new books :) )

Since the next MCAT is in like April or something, I would probably recommend the 6th edition, since you obviously have some time.

A huge plus for EKs is that the current addition is supported by PhDs who answer any question in their forums. You have to refer to a particular page & particular question. I thought it was a huge plus only available to owners of the latest addition.
You should call EKs to see how long they will support the 5th edition once the 6th is released.

I think it might be in my best interest, then, to opt for the 6th if I can - I just started reviewing the Orgo Text today so I still have a lot of time to get into a new version and supplement my study.