Big Discrepancy b/t science GPA and non-science GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopelesRomantic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Rising senior here.

AACOMAS cumulative GPA: 3.78
AACOMAS science GPA: 3.87
AACOMAS non-science GPA: 3.33:eek:

The non-science GPA literally represents only 3 courses (including two math classes); the rest of my non-science courses were taken pass/fail. Also, I wasn't expecting a geology course (got an A) to be counted in the science GPA.

Is this big discrepancy an issue? I'm aware I have a fairly high cGPA/sGPA for DO schools, but will some schools look unfavorably upon the relatively low non-science GPA?

DO schools I'm applying to (nonresident at all): PCOM, CCOM, TCOM (strong ties), UMDNJ, NSU, TouroNY, NYCOM

Thanks!

Also, for those who might be wondering, my English courses were offered as pass/fail courses only.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not a problem at all. You have excellent science and cumulative GPAs which will far outweigh the non-science GPA.

I would absolutely not worry about it. At all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Quit fussing, you're fine.

Rising senior here.

AACOMAS cumulative GPA: 3.78
AACOMAS science GPA: 3.87
AACOMAS non-science GPA: 3.33:eek:

The non-science GPA literally represents only 3 courses (including two math classes); the rest of my non-science courses were taken pass/fail. Also, I wasn't expecting a geology course (got an A) to be counted in the science GPA.

Is this big discrepancy an issue? I'm aware I have a fairly high cGPA/sGPA for DO schools, but will some schools look unfavorably upon the relatively low non-science GPA?

DO schools I'm applying to (nonresident at all): PCOM, CCOM, TCOM (strong ties), UMDNJ, NSU, TouroNY, NYCOM

Thanks!

Also, for those who might be wondering, my English courses were offered as pass/fail courses only.

You should contact schools that require an English prerequisite and see if they accept pass/fail.

You should contact schools that require an English prerequisite and see if they accept pass/fail.

Thanks. I go to a top10 ugrad, and our pre-health committee assured us that the mandatory pass/fail English courses would count.