SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Binghamton?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by DrillSynchron, Oct 14, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. DrillSynchron

DrillSynchron

Dec 28, 2016

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017 at 8:28 AM
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. PharmDtoB816

PharmDtoB816

Aug 28, 2017
    I did. It is a very good school. Even though the Pharmacy school is new, it is a well established research university and their PharmD department has lots of ongoing drug research and development going on. The state gave them tens of millions of dollars for all the new buildings and equipment, they hired some very distinguished professors in the field and there is no doubd in my mind in regards to accreditation...What exactly are you asking by "is it worth it?" (Is it your stats? Quality of education? Choosing pharmacy in general? Jobs in that area?)

4. DrillSynchron

DrillSynchron

Dec 28, 2016

5. PharmDtoB816

PharmDtoB816

Aug 28, 2017
    a couple of reasons...tuition and location were big factors, but I also like research and would like to be involved in the drug development... BU will be offering research pathways as well as PharmD/PhD in the near future; they will also be conducting preclinical trials on campus..to me its all exciting stuff! :) I also like the new campus (new pharmacy/nursing buildings are about to open up) and faculty...everybody is very excited and ambitious about their work (and they also have an ample amount of resources).

6. DrillSynchron

DrillSynchron

Dec 28, 2016

7. PharmDtoB816

PharmDtoB816

Aug 28, 2017
    Sure, BS in biochem undergrad, 3.2 science, 3.5 overall. 95th %ile PCAT. A few month shadowing/volunteering experience. Got in with ED for 2018, they are accepting on a rolling basis, so I would recommend applying ASAP (80 or so seats only)

8. DrillSynchron

DrillSynchron

Dec 28, 2016

9. PharmDtoB816

PharmDtoB816

Aug 28, 2017
    The interview was very friendly and low stress...faculty and students were very nice and welcoming. The interview consisted of lunch, introduction, two individual interviews about 10-15 minutes each, one group exercise, one written task, campus tour, Q&A. I applied ED because of the location, in state tuition, and good quality of their programs, so I didn't really consider any other schools...

10. Fife_Dreams

Fife_Dreams

Nov 1, 2017
    Got in to the program via Early decision for Fall of 2018 myself. Driving factors for me was in-state tuition, location (closest in-state pharmacy school to my house) and a well funded research facility. What do you prioritize in your search for a pharmacy school?

11. pharmacyisforme95

pharmacyisforme95

Nov 19, 2017
    What were your stats if you dont mind me asking?