bio destroyer, question #310..

Started by lwergod
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lwergod

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so this is more of a pedantic question..


the question asks, "what is the likelihood of the couple's son will have have hemophilia?"



so the question is already assuming the child is a male, thus there should be no need to * 1/2 to account for the probability of gender.


however, the solution does * 1/2 to account for P of gender.


I think it would make more sense to do the latter if the question stated, " what is the likelihood the couple have A son that has hemophilia?"


thoughts?
 
Yeah I remember getting this question wrong because of the wording. When Bootcamp asks similar questions they also multiply by 1/2. So I would say always do *1/2 when it’s gender specific