Bio question 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dencology

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is Nondisjunction an example of Trisomy or monosomy? (seems confusing)
Trisomy occurs when you have 2n+1 chromosomes. this occurs because sister chromosomes did not divide up equally or one did not get separated. So which one would it be Tri or Mono?

also:

Earliest Life froms; (arrange in chronological order)

protist, cyanobacteria, multicellular hetroterophs, multicellular photosynthesizes . is this correct?

Also:

Arrange the following prebiotic chemicals in chronological order:
Protobionts; methane, ammonia, water, hydrogen gases, short polypeptide chains, simple sugars, nucleotides; Inorganic molecule

Members don't see this ad.

If my memory is correct, trisomy and monosomy are examples of the consequences of nondisjunction. Nondisjunction is the failure of chromosome pairs to seperate properly during cell division. So when the chromosomes separate weird, it results in one daughter cell getting an extra chromosome (trisomy) and one daughter cell missing a chromosome (monosomy).

Or something to that effect...I'm sure other people will chime in.

is Nondisjunction an example of Trisomy or monosomy? (seems confusing)
Trisomy occurs when you have 2n+1 chromosomes. this occurs because sister chromosomes did not divide up equally or one did not get separated. So which one would it be Tri or Mono?
tri and mono are both results of nondisjunction (see below)
2153892950048425017mETCCQ_ph.jpg

2514477010048425017nIiWPS_ph.jpg

Earliest Life froms; (arrange in chronological order)

protist, cyanobacteria, multicellular hetroterophs, multicellular photosynthesizes . is this correct?
no:
cyanobacteria, protist, multicellular photo, multi hetero

Arrange the following prebiotic chemicals in chronological order:
Protobionts; methane, ammonia, water, hydrogen gases, short polypeptide chains, simple sugars, nucleotides; Inorganic moleculeC
i don't think you need to know anywhere close to this much detail on the test

tri and mono are both results of nondisjunction (see below)
2153892950048425017mETCCQ_ph.jpg

2514477010048425017nIiWPS_ph.jpg

no:
cyanobacteria, protist, multicellular photo, multi hetero

i don't think you need to know anywhere close to this much detail on the test
for second question:
for sure hetro comes before photo!

for third question just remember the early atmospher was highly reductive and lack of Oxygen. Now you arrange based on this fact

Members don't see this ad :)
for second question:
for sure hetro comes before photo!
please explain your logic.

what do you think the heterotrophs consumed!?!?!

where have you been studying biology?

not to be rude, but you might want to refresh up on your evolutionary biology

Last edited:

My dear friend, how about starting with Cliff Ap biology page 139 (3th eddition)!? "heterothrophs theory".
then open you cambpell biology and read the origin of life. sorry my Bio book is a little old(6th eddition) maybe there is new theory in new edditions! :thumbup:

Last edited:

i forgot to tell this: don't confuse Autotroph with photosynthes. :)

i forgot to tell this: don't confuse Autotroph with photosynthes. :)

Yes, I understand. But isn't it the definition of the Multicellular photosynthetic is primarily terrestrial eukaryotes that derived from green algae; so, it still comes before multicellular hetero. Can you explain what you try to tell us? I really appreciate in advance. Thanks :)

Yes, I understand. But isn't it the definition of the Multicellular photosynthetic is primarily terrestrial eukaryotes that derived from green algae; so, it still comes before multicellular hetero. Can you explain what you try to tell us? I really appreciate in advance. Thanks :)

you are right. i didn't pay attention to multicellular thank for correction. :thumbup:

so i guess the answer is

Cyanobacteria, Protists, Multicellular heterophs, and Multicellular Autotrophs, right?