Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am confused with one question.
During mitosis, the paired chromosomes are joined by a
a) microfilament
b) centriole
c) spindle apparatus
d) centromere
The answer says, d) during mitosis, the two sister chromatids are joined by a centromere.
I understand that the two chromatids are joined by a centromere,
but I think the question is asking about the chromosomes, not sister chromatids. Sister chromatids are within one chromosome, but the question states about paired chromosome. I think this does not refer to sister chromatids. I think the answer should be spindle apparatus, since paired chromosomes are connected to the spindle apparatus. To my understandings, chromosomes cannot be joined by centromeres. For example, having two XX(sex chromosomes) joined by a centromere would be awkward. It would have been clearer if I could draw something here but anyway.. Am I missing something here?
During mitosis, the paired chromosomes are joined by a
a) microfilament
b) centriole
c) spindle apparatus
d) centromere
The answer says, d) during mitosis, the two sister chromatids are joined by a centromere.
I understand that the two chromatids are joined by a centromere,
but I think the question is asking about the chromosomes, not sister chromatids. Sister chromatids are within one chromosome, but the question states about paired chromosome. I think this does not refer to sister chromatids. I think the answer should be spindle apparatus, since paired chromosomes are connected to the spindle apparatus. To my understandings, chromosomes cannot be joined by centromeres. For example, having two XX(sex chromosomes) joined by a centromere would be awkward. It would have been clearer if I could draw something here but anyway.. Am I missing something here?