bio section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predent77

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys.. this question is for those of you who have already taken the dats..
were there any questions on evolution and plants on the biology section of the dat???
i'm taking the dats in about a week and a half..and just wondering what to focus on most right now.....

Members don't see this ad.

i do remember seeing a question or two on both evolution and plant biology. the evolution question was pretty straightforward, whereas the plant biology question focused more on specifics like plant hormones, i.e. auxin and gibberlin. i would go over those sections but not focus too much on it. having that single question correct can curve your score dramatically if you are scoring above the 90th percentile already. good luck!

make sure you understand the difference between Lamarkian and Darwin Evolution, that will more than likely be a question,,,
Good Luck, and get plenty of rest night before....
Also, if the testing center is close, I would suggest riding your bike there, if conditions permit,,,,gets the blood flowing,,,,
Good Luck

Members don't see this ad :)
When I took the DAT back in early May, I was surprised at the number of questions concerning evolution, zoology, and plant biology. Definitely more than "a question or two". Anyway, that was just my personal experience. Good luck!

I agree w/eschou....I also took my DAT in early May and had lots of zoology and taxonomy type questions....definitely know your worms! Platyhelminthes vs. annelida, etc. And also know things like Cnidaria vs. Mollusks, etc. How any of it relates to dentistry is beyond me....!

thank you so much for you input... you guys have no idea have much its been helping me... ughh.. i'm so worried about this test.. i have been taking practice tests with kaplan and topscore and my scores are only 17!!
well.... only a week left to improve, wish me luck!! :)