biochem and DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunshiney

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am planning on studying for the DAT all summer while working full time, then taking it in August. I need to take biochem, but will be working full time and taking physics during the fall and spring. How much biochem material is on the DAT? Would it make sense to take it during the summer while I study for the DAT? Or would it make more sense to just focus on the DAT exclusively?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would say focus only on the DAT. There isn't that much biochem related stuff on there.

I didn't take biochem before taking the dat and did just fine. It could help I guess, but won't hurt you if you don't take it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Focus solely on the DAT. No extra classes, no extra obligations period. Biochem is not specifically on the DATs - it would help, but not enough to risk over committing yourself this summer.

Focus solely on the DAT. No extra classes, no extra obligations period. Biochem is not specifically on the DATs - it would help, but not enough to risk over committing yourself this summer.

Yeah, I agree. Rock the DAT. Take biochem later. There is some biochem subject matter on the DAT but nothing outside the scope of Kaplan's book.

Don't take biochem your last semester/quarter though. It's too hard to focus when graduation is so close!

Good Luck.