1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

biochem and DAT

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by sunshiney, Mar 13, 2007.

1. sunshiney

sunshiney New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hello,
    I am planning on studying for the DAT all summer while working full time, then taking it in August. I need to take biochem, but will be working full time and taking physics during the fall and spring. How much biochem material is on the DAT? Would it make sense to take it during the summer while I study for the DAT? Or would it make more sense to just focus on the DAT exclusively?
    Thanks!

2. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I would say focus only on the DAT. There isn't that much biochem related stuff on there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Luv2Golf

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I didn't take biochem before taking the dat and did just fine. It could help I guess, but won't hurt you if you don't take it.

4. goosestuff

goosestuff 10-4, Chicken Feed, 10-4
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Focus solely on the DAT. No extra classes, no extra obligations period. Biochem is not specifically on the DATs - it would help, but not enough to risk over committing yourself this summer.

5. wizziefiend

wizziefiend Guest

Dental Student
    Yeah, I agree. Rock the DAT. Take biochem later. There is some biochem subject matter on the DAT but nothing outside the scope of Kaplan's book.

Don't take biochem your last semester/quarter though. It's too hard to focus when graduation is so close!

Good Luck.