1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Biochem in So. Cal in the summer

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by compugirl, Mar 25, 2004.

1. compugirl

compugirl Member
    7+ Year Member

for all you cali residents:

does anyone know of any school that is offering biochem this summer? Most cal states havent come out with their summer catalogs, but i just found out that csun is having 7 summer sessions of varied lengths but no biochem!! was shocked.
    any help would be tremendously appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jlaha

jlaha Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
  4. ShawnOne

ShawnOne DDS over DMD
    7+ Year Member

UCLA extension has it.

You wouldnt want it at CSUN anyway. I am loosing my mind with biochem at CSUN this semster!

Now back to memorizing large amounts of useless info.

5. compugirl

compugirl Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks so much guys! i was totally freaking out & I didnt look at the right page of the ucla site!

thanks again!

if there is anyone else who knows of anymore places where biochem is offered this summer, please let me know!

6. tatadds

tatadds Member
    7+ Year Member

Try UCI as well. I know their catalog is out and im sure they would offer biochem.

7. PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    just so that you guys know,

some schools like mine (CSUN) offers 2 diff biochems. you could take either one to fulfll your dental schools pre req. don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

i took the easier one (the one that most nutrition and health majors do) and it wasn't bad.

good luck shawn. and wish me luck too. i have my mid term in anatomy lab next week and i am dead meat. i have a million insertion/origin/action/B S to memorize

8. ShawnOne

ShawnOne DDS over DMD
    7+ Year Member

yes, there are two classes, a 300 level and a 400 level.

while either course may cover the prereq (uncomfirmed); I have been advised by multiple sources, including the chemistry chair at CSUN, that only the 400 level really prepares you for d-school.

I was actually told by the 300 level instructor himself that "this class is a joke". his words...

Good luck with Anat Perf34.

9. mvalenzu

mvalenzu New Member

Also check out UCSD, they offer Biochem in a 5 week format, and you also don't have to be a registered student.

http://summer.ucsd.edu