What are some common things said in interviews that damage an applicant?

Started by deleted1136955
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1136955

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Common as in something a student may accidentally slip out or thinks is advantageous but isnt

Like, I talked about a hobby I gave up (don't remember why I brought it up) cause of some problems I had and the interviewer was like "well, we expect that you'll be able to learn new things" (besides that, most of the interview went very well)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Common as in something a student may accidentally slip out or thinks is advantageous but isnt

Like, I talked about a hobby I gave up (don't remember why I brought it up) cause of some problems I had and the interviewer was like "well, we expect that you'll be able to learn new things" (besides that, most of the interview went very well)
that doesn't sound bad at all
concentrate on the positive and trust the process...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I were interviewing someone and they said dentistry was their passion, I’d immediately throw their file in the trash and walk about of the room.

Big Hoss
I know, right? I really hate giving something like boy scout answers and try my best to add more depth and uniqueness to my answers.