Biochem, Orgo lab and Physics 2 or Genetics? Or neither?

Aug 6, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm taking Orgo lab and Biochem atm as well as 2 other health science courses for my major. Would genetics or physics 2 be overkill?

Last edited:

At my school genetics is the class you take to have your anus widened, but at others physics 2 is the more difficult/time consuming of the two. Ask around/check ratings.

Reactions: Strudel19

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
I'm taking Orgo lab and Biochem atm as well as 3 other health science courses for my major. Would genetics or physics 2 be overkill?
Taking 3+ labs would be overkill. So would taking so many classes you can't maintain a high GPA.

OP
Z
Aug 6, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
biochem and genetics labs arent required but recommended with class. Physics lab is mandatory.

Jan 26, 2015
Status
MD/PhD Student
Five classes is plenty, so I don't see why you would need to tack on another. If there is some pressing reason for taking another class now, you will have to talk to people at your school. @werunthis is right to say this is school-dependent; at my school, physics is regarded as difficult and genetics as very manageable. Additionally, "health science courses" doesn't tell me much about workload. At my school, that could mean anything from Anatomy (a ton of work) to Healthy Lifestyles (a blowoff class).

OP
Z
Aug 6, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey sorry about not clarifying. The health science classes are online and wont require much work and effort(i hope). I also made a typo, its 2 health science classes not 3. So if I take physics or genetics it will add up to 4 plus physics/orgo lab

johnston9234

2+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Its 4 classes...do you guys really think that is too much? Even if its 4 p-chems, if you are a full time student that is manageable.

Yojimbo_OGT

2+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Its 4 classes...do you guys really think that is too much? Even if its 4 p-chems, if you are a full time student that is manageable.
...but when would have time to complain to other students about how difficult p-chem is?

"Well at least you're not in p-chem LOL" -Every P-Chem Student Ever

Jan 26, 2015
Status
MD/PhD Student
I think you'd be okay taking either genetics or physics, then.

johnston9234

2+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
...but when would have time to complain to other students about how difficult p-chem is?

"Well at least you're not in p-chem LOL" -Every P-Chem Student Ever
And half of them are in a combined course for BA students. Not even P-Chem 1 or 2.