Debating whether to leave lab or stay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

planetarhalo

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I worked as a volunteer research assistant in a lab, and my volunteer role expires in 1 week. I was fortunate to get a publication during my time in the lab. I am debating whether to renew my volunteer status and continue working on more projects, or just let it be and not continue in the lab.

On the one hand, I can get more publications (which can be helpful for residency applications), but on the other hand, is it worth continuing to dedicate time to research?

Some context: I am applying this cycle (have submitted most secondaries already)
 
Has anything changed here?
 
Has anything changed here?
Slightly more research hours, but other than that, no