Biochem over the summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

funtertaining15

Average Wizard
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I will be a Junior this fall, and I'm planning to take my MCAT during the Spring Semester of my junior year. My advisor recommended that I take human phys and biochem before I take the MCAT. It would've been fine, but I can't take them together (conflict with physics lab), and if I try to take biochem spring semester, I'll be taking it with physics and most likely two other electives for my major, which are science related. I'm doing SMDEP this summer, which ends in the beginning of July, but if it's possible for me to take Biochem this summer, it won't count as a transfer credit or towards my GPA, so it'll only be for the benefit of myself, the MCAT, and applying to med school. What do you guys think? Should I go for it? I'd probably take it at a CC (my school allows you to take classes outside of the school only as transfer credit, but ONLY during the summer after your freshman year, so took one GER class at my CC near home).
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Its totally doable. I took an 8-week Biochem course with the "hardest" biology teacher at my school, along with other classes and still managed to pull off an A+. I am probably more biologically inclined than the average person but with daily studying and doing practice problems over and over should get you the grade you want.