Biochemistry, Economics, or Statistics in high school? pick 2

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iZodliquify

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am going to be a senior in high school next year pursuing Pharmacy. What two classes are most beneficial, Biochemistry, Economics, or Statistics?
 
Biochemistry for sure, I have never seen a high school offer that before.

Between stats and econ IMO it comes down to personal preference. I would pick econ, just because I hate stats with a passion.
 
Biochem for sure, just so you can see what you have in store for you in college.

If it's AP stats I'd definitely take it so you can knock it out for college. If not I'd take Econ just b/c it will be interesting and somewhat applicable.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Definitely take biochem. I would have loved to taken that when I was in school. I've never ever heard of a high school offering that.

Ditto mrdrdrjp on the stats and econ.
 
Econ is easy and painstakingly boring in college. Don't suffer through it twice.
 
Econ & Stats

Chances are that you will have to take biochem in college anyway. Econ is important for you to learn about finances, especially for a college freshman. Stats is also something you learn about from (statistics (duh), how political polls are conducted, etc.)