Biochemistry or Analytical

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mena3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have one more class to choose for my fall schedule. It's a toss up between biochemistry or analytical chemistry. My question is, which one will be more helpful on the PCAT in October?

Members don't see this ad.

Mena3 said:
I have one more class to choose for my fall schedule. It's a toss up between biochemistry or analytical chemistry. My question is, which one will be more helpful on the PCAT in October?

I had analytical chemistry (I'm thinking intermediate/advance analytical, more like junior/senior level) for 2 semesters waay long time ago and recently took biochem just because, and I think both didn't show up much in PCAT.

Biochem, though, will help you understand Genetic/Biology concept more, because it covers amino acids, protein structures, enzyme kinetics (tons of kinetics will show up in Pharmacy classes, as I understand it), etc. So IMHO, Biochem will be more useful, not PCAT wise, but for preparation to Pharmacy school.

Biochemistry would be better. Plus if you do well you may be able to test out of the biochem requirement once you get into pharm school.