Analytical Geometry.........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chiko

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does PCAT have questions regarding parabola, ellipse, hyperbola etc? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The new pcat does not include geometry anymore. This thread gives more info on the changes: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=431054&highlight=geometry

They say it doesn't but I had a question regarding the volume of a cylinder, which I had totally forgotten about and did not study.

There is no direct geometry like finding angles, but I did notice questions that forced you to find volume and other such geometric things that had to do with a non geometric answer lol.

They say it doesn't but I had a question regarding the volume of a cylinder, which I had totally forgotten about and did not study.

There is no direct geometry like finding angles, but I did notice questions that forced you to find volume and other such geometric things that had to do with a non geometric answer lol.

To be honest, cylinder volume is more of a third semester calculus concept as the formula (pi*r^2)*h derives from calculus;) Think of it this way, the volume of a cylinder is like taking the integral across the entire height of the cylinder with a dx slice of a circle. You add up all the circles along the height of the cylinder to get the volume of the cylinder just like finding the area under a curve by adding up all the dx * f(x) pieces.

As for graph transformations, I would think that many of those concepts are mirrored in algebra courses and precalc courses more making them fair game for the PCAT. I didn't take the June PCAT, so someone has to verify that they no longer exist.