biochemistry reference

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usr

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello

what is the reference book in biochemistry?
or specifically in bioenergetics, in every detail possible

for example I don't see a complete reference for phosphates, is there any?

among others, there is phosphoenolpyruvate, which other exist?

for which cellular function is it used? also, why since it's has more energy, it is not used widely in the cell?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Most textbooks are published because they provide a solid, broad overview of a subject, not because they are a mecca of knowledge for an uber-specific sub-field.

With that in mind, I would suggest that you do a literature search for "phosphates" and see where it takes you. If you search in Ovid, you may even be able to compile a list of related search terms just by looking through their mapping charts (click on the highlighted search term, it will bring you to a large subject heading map). If nothing else, you should come up with some relevant articles that shed some light on your questions. Who knows, one or two of them may even have a particularly useful textbook cited in the references.

The Oxford Dictionary of Biochemistry is a good general reference text for definitions.

http://www.us.oup.com/us/catalog/ge...lecularCellBiology/?view=usa&ci=9780198529170

To appreciate a molecule in the most fundamental metabolic pathway... maybe take an introductory biology course and work your way up from there. You seem to lack a foundation in molecular biology/biochemistry/biophysics, which will not be remedied by seeking references or articles.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Oxford Dictionary of Biochemistry is a good general reference text for definitions.

http://www.us.oup.com/us/catalog/ge...lecularCellBiology/?view=usa&ci=9780198529170

To appreciate a molecule in the most fundamental metabolic pathway... maybe take an introductory biology course and work your way up from there. You seem to lack a foundation in molecular biology/biochemistry/biophysics, which will not be remedied by seeking references or articles.

a dictionary is definately NOT what i need (and basically for most that study seriously)

a bioenergetics textbook is what i need

unfortunately, even top experts mention that regular biochemistry/biology textbooks do not give enough info about phosphates, eg phosphocreatine

hello

what is the reference book in biochemistry?
or specifically in bioenergetics, in every detail possible

for example I don't see a complete reference for phosphates, is there any?

among others, there is phosphoenolpyruvate, which other exist?

for which cellular function is it used? also, why since it's has more energy, it is not used widely in the cell?

thanks

You get the grammar award for the month of November. Congrats.

You get the grammar award for the month of November. Congrats.

you get the idiot's award for believing everyone is native english speaker. congrats

You're likely to find the values tabulated in there that you want. But anyway, it seems like you have an idea what you want, so you'd probably be in the best position to go and find it. It seems like you really don't want our help.

thanks but "bioenergetics" is not "thermodynamics of biochemical reactions"