SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Bioimaging master's program

Discussion in 'Radiology' started by lakewood, Apr 30, 2007.

1. lakewood

lakewood 2+ Year Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Hello all,

I wrote this on another subforum and got no response, so maybe this is the best place for my inquiry.

Does anyone have any information on master's programs in bioimaging or related fields, particularly the program at Boston University? (bu-mbi.org)

I do not know too much about this field, but I would like to learn about it. I am a recent college grad and I am looking into several kinds of programs. I am not considering med school at this point, and I realize this won't stack up to that level of education. However, I would appreciate if you guys could inform me about the pro's and con's of such a program.

What kind of job market is out there for this kind of degree? It is only a one year program, but is it well respected, and does anyone know of other similar programs? How important is certification (or lack thereof)? Will this degree only prepare one for doctoral study, or do you feel that there is a market for a master's in bioimaging? I don't know what certifications are required for specific jobs/titles, so what is that all about?

I don't anticipate MD-level income, but how low might recipients of this degree be paid? Can anyone help me?

THANKS!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. lakewood

lakewood 2+ Year Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Can anybody please comment on this? I would really appreciate some perspective.