Biological Science MA @ Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raijah03

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any knowledge on the Masters of Arts in Biological Science program at Wayne State University? It says on the website that it's a program for career changers interested in medical, health fields, and biological scientists that have degrees outside the sciences. The website for the program has very limited information, and calling them lead to a conversation with a very unhelpful lady. The main person to contact is on vacation for the next weeks. Any information would be nice. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure about that program. If your goal is med school, try looking into the Basic Medical Sciences (BMS) program at wayne. It seems like a better choice because the classes are taught through the school of medicine and I've heard that wayne and MSU view this program favorably.

I'm applying this summer, really hope I get in. I need to take the GRE and still have to line up 3 LORs

I wouldnt' be eligible for the BMS program. I have already looked into that program. This program is specifically for people wanting to switch from nonscience majors to a science major. I have a degree in Psychology.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes it is.
The program has mandatory research programs, and graduate lectures that you are required to attend.
So instead of attending a community college for my pre-requisites, I can kill multiple birds with one stone.

The only thing with that is medical schools have certain prerequisites you must complete: bio1/2, genchem 1/2, orgo 1/2, biochem, physics. This program looks really cool because of the research opportunity, but when you apply to medical school you will need the above undergrad classes also.

Yes I know the prerequisites needed for medical school. The program does allow for additional classes in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and the social science so I am thinking I will be allowed to take them. I can't wait for the advisor to return from vacation so I can ask her personally.