Biology and Economics Double Major

Started by 93248
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

93248

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know there are many threads about a double major, but I'd still like to create this topic and get, perhaps, more personal responses, if it's at all possible on the SDN. 🙂

So, my questions are:

1) Is anyone considering the same path?
2) Is it doable?

I am a pre-dental student, and the primary reason why I'm considering these particular majors is to have a back-up plan for the dental school. Not as much in the case if I don't get in, but in the case if I will change my mind about going into dentistry at all. Although I am very passiote about it right now, I cannot base my interest on the 120 hours of shadowing that I spent in the dental clinics. I need to have a back-up, and did enjoy economics class in hs very much.
Anyone in the same boat?

Any insights will be very much appreciated!
 
I'd say it's doable, although if you want to lighten your workload you could spread it throughout maybe 5 or even 6 years of college.
 
Sounds doable. At my school a lot of people who drop out of bio (usually toward the end of their 2nd year) change majors to economics.