1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Biology courses for the MCAT

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by physicsguy29, Jun 4, 2008.

1. physicsguy29

Pre-Medical
    Hello everyone. New to the forum here. I recently graduated with a degree in Physics. I have always thought about going to medical school and I have finally decided to go for it. I am going to be going back to take a few undergraduate courses to prepare for the MCAT exam. I will surely be taking two semesters of organic chemistry, but I really need somone to tell me what biology courses I should take to do well on the MCAT. I have heard different things about what is on this section of the exam. I will be taking as my first biology class a course that covers all the basics of biology for pre-med students and biology majors. It is your typical first year course before moving on to advanced biology, but it is a more advanced course that Bio 100. After this course, I don't know what to take. Is Physiology the best one to take? Due to timing issues I am hoping to only take two semesters of biology, The reason for this is that my first Bio course that I mentioned earlier is a pre-requisite for all the advaced courses so it will take one academic year to do all this with the organic included. Any suggestions and advice for what I should take? I have had one year of inorganic chemistry that was required for my Physics degree so the physical science section shouldn't be too much of a problem. Thanks in advance for your time and help!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Neurokiran

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If you want to take class for Bio then you should take General Biology I and Gen Bio II.Those are best for the Bio section on MCAT.Kaplan Review book may help as well.