Biology Crash Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flossit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys, what do you think of You Tube Biology Crash Course? What is its level? I watched few videos and have mixed thoughts about it? What do you think? Should I continue watching it? How much can i learn from that? I covered the basics already. Please suggest!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you have the time and lack the foundation, they can be good. However, if you don't have excess time I would only watch them for concepts you're not familiar with as they can be a slow way to review

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with @embrojam . I love crash course, I would take a look into their anatomy and physio videos too! I wouldn't watch them for primary content but instead maybe as a relaxing "Netflix" replacement. If you want to watch some video series that are at the level (I think) for the DAT look up Craig Savage. His biology videos cover more in depth of the big DAT topics.

Reactions: 2 users
Personally I found that CrashCourse was a little bit fast paced. They spent a lot of time on animations instead of getting to the real nitty gritty details. I used to watch Bozemann science and Crash course and I found Bozemann SO much better. Try him out!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was a biology major and I thought Crash Course was absolutely amazing for refreshing and helping with the concepts on the DAT. I watched those videos before bed! If you miss questions on your practice test or are unsure of a question, watch the video on the subject. That's what I did, I ended up with a 22 in bio.

Reactions: 1 users
I primarily relied on their videos for biology section. As I was watching I would outline the concepts and key terms (about a half sheet per topic). Later I would look at the topic heading "ie. menstrual cycle" and recite all the information I knew about that topic. Then to help solidify my knowledge/learn any miscellaneous information I didn't cover would do practice problems that had detailed answers (ie. DAT Sterling Biology, boot camp, destroyer, etc.). Bio-24

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with @embrojam . I love crash course, I would take a look into their anatomy and physio videos too! I wouldn't watch them for primary content but instead maybe as a relaxing "Netflix" replacement. If you want to watch some video series that are at the level (I think) for the DAT look up Craig Savage. His biology videos cover more in depth of the big DAT topics.
Hahaha, a Netflix replacement... Can you imagine Frank Underwood delivering those lectures