Biology DAT boot camp question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hope_to_match

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So...I have started studying for the bio part of the exam and covered about 6 chapters from the ap cliffs bio..(haven't touched KBB or anything else for this section yet).

As I get bored easily just reading/highlighting and taking notes I decided to log into datbootcamp and do that first free test. I scored a 17 on it. What are your thoughts? It is low but I guess it is a good start considering I havent covered anything past chapter 6 (cell communication) in ap cliffs..Let me know what you guys think:) Thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

So...I have started studying for the bio part of the exam and covered about 6 chapters from the ap cliffs bio..(haven't touched KBB or anything else for this section yet).

As I get bored easily just reading/highlighting and taking notes I decided to log into datbootcamp and do that first free test. I scored a 17 on it. What are your thoughts? It is low but I guess it is a good start considering I havent covered anything past chapter 6 (cell communication) in ap cliffs..Let me know what you guys think:) Thanks..

Honestly, It really doesn't mean much. You have to understand that the bio section is extremely random, anything can come up. You may get an exam on the actual DAT that focuses heavily on the first 6 chapter of Cliff', or the latter half, or the whole thing.

The test seemed to have quite a broad number of questions from the chapters I covered and other questions from the chapters I haven't touched yet. I was wondering how others did with their bio questions throughout their studies and/or what is the best way to study for this section? Doing questions throughout the studies or studying the stuff hardcore first and then doing a ton of problems? I get bored easily just reading the book that's why I try to mix it up with q's from dat destroyer, dat boot camp/qvault

The test seemed to have quite a broad number of questions from the chapters I covered and other questions from the chapters I haven't touched yet. I was wondering how others did with their bio questions throughout their studies and/or what is the best way to study for this section? Doing questions throughout the studies or studying the stuff hardcore first and then doing a ton of problems? I get bored easily just reading the book that's why I try to mix it up with q's from dat destroyer, dat boot camp/qvault

Do whatever works for you! Personalize your own study and how to spend your time. Learn from text or learn from practice exams, but know that bio is broad and random, it is definitely in your interest to read Cliff's and get a general idea for everything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your input. Obviously I will read the rest of the book/highlight and make notes and I also downloaded Ferralis' notes from this forum which people claim is very detailed and a good review once done with the book.

I will definitely mix up studying the book and q's to make my studying for this section a bit more exciting :) I just wish there was a way to practice problems for a certain topic.

I know what you mean when you say that you get bored easily with reading stuff out of a book. Do try to cover the whole book before the test but if you're taking the Bootcamp tests, here's what I'd do (I am actually studying cliffnotes and will do the bootcamp tests as well)
Take test 1 for example and then like at night or the next day go over every single answer choice out of every question and make sure you learn what each one means and is. Then move on to the next test and so on. a week before the DAT or smth like that you should take the bootcamp tests again and see if you know all the stuff that you've been learning.
You shouldn't get discouraged now when you're learning this stuff. It's better to get them all wrong now but to know them on the test you know?
Good luck