Biology/Labs Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slcb12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have BS in Communication. Bio courses I have taken:

Gen Bio
Cell Bio
Human Anatomy w/ cadaver lab
Human Advanced Anatomy (Upper Division) w/ cadaver lab
Vertebrate Embryology (Upper Division)
Human Physiology

QUESTION: Schools want one year of Biology w/ labs. Do my anatomy labs satisfy this requirement? They are not separate courses but instead are paired w/ lecture courses. OR, do I have to take 2 semesters of labs that are stand-alone bio labs?

Thanks for input!

Members don't see this ad.

Gen Bio
Cell Bio
Human Physiology

QUESTION: Schools want one year of Biology w/ labs. Do my anatomy labs satisfy this requirement? They are not separate courses but instead are paired w/ lecture courses. OR, do I have to take 2 semesters of labs that are stand-alone bio labs?

Thanks for input!

Not only do I think that will suffice, but that is sweet that your lab was with cadavers. If you did well that will look good.

Gen Bio
Cell Bio
Human Physiology

Thanks for input!

I think you need Gen Bio 1 and Gen Bio 2 both with lab. I don't know if they accept labs from upper level bio classes. Your classes can certainly be combined lecture/lab though.. most are.

Members don't see this ad :)
It certainly depends on the university. Contact the places you are interested in. Two of my instead colleges require Bio1/2 labs while the rest are satisfied with upper level classes/labs. My anatomy course was with cadavers also... awesome. However it was in the college of health and not bio... boo...

It certainly depends on the university. Contact the places you are interested in. Two of my instead colleges require Bio1/2 labs while the rest are satisfied with upper level classes/labs. My anatomy course was with cadavers also... awesome. However it was in the college of health and not bio... boo...

Yes it does help to contact the school. It is really the only way to know.

Thanks for all the responses! Yeah, cadaver labs are really beneficial. Too bad all schools don't have the same access that mine did. C'est la vie.

Thanks for all the responses! Yeah, cadaver labs are really beneficial. Too bad all schools don't have the same access that mine did. C'est la vie.

I took a class at a nearby community college. When I told a girl that the university I attend didn't offer anatomy w/ cadavers, she looked at me funny and said that the cadavers for the anatomy class she took at this community college came from my university's med school. It still boggles my mind that my university's med school sends its cadavers to surrounding community colleges, but our own undergrad anatomy class (which is also only offered in the summer for non-nursing students) doesn't have cadavers...:confused: