Biology question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TripleDegree

Joker Doctor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question for all of you who've taken multiple practice or real tests.

Whats the most difficult question you've had to answer in Bio, that COULD NOT be derived from an accompanying passage? In other words, the question relied purely on your knowledge or memorization. Whats the most anal and obscure question you've dealt with?

Thanks a billion

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by TripleDegree
Question for all of you who've taken multiple practice or real tests.

Whats the most difficult question you've had to answer in Bio, that COULD NOT be derived from an accompanying passage? In other words, the question relied purely on your knowledge or memorization. Whats the most anal and obscure question you've dealt with?

Thanks a billion

163. What is an alternative to sexual reproduction
a isogamy
b hermaphrodism
c pseudohermaproditism
d parthenogenesis

Originally posted by johnnyMD
163. What is an alternative to sexual reproduction
a isogamy
b hermaphrodism
c pseudohermaproditism
d parthenogenesis

I'd pick D just from eliminating the other 3 as unlikely :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
For the most part you can get that from root words, genesis means to create or make. That question isnt too bad. :)

Mind sharing how you eliminated the other 3? thanks

I got it because I knew what parthenogenesis is. I don't think it is that uncommon of a term is it? It refers to an unfertilized egg developing into an organism.

Mind sharing how you eliminated the other 3? thanks

Like someone before said, look at the root words.. -gamy means marriage (bigamy, polygamy), which doesn't have anything to do with reproduction..

Then I know hermaphrodism is having both sex's organs, which again doesn't innately have anything to do with reproduction.

Pseudohermaphroditism, same deal.

And that leaves D ;) And, as someone said, -genesis meaning creation.