biology requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medbunny56

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if these courses would fulfill the one year bio requirement?

FUNDAMENTALS OF BIOLOGY (4 semester units, plus lab)

took 3/4 of the life science series on a quarter system:
Cells, Tissues, and Organs (4 units)
Introduction to Molecular Biology (4 units)
Genetics (4 units)
Introduction to Laboratory and Scientific Methodology (2 units of lab)

i'm just concerned because the "fundamentals of biology" was taken at CC and not in series with the other courses I took at university

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Wait... so are you saying that your took Fundamentals of Biology at a community college? If that is the case, verify schools that accept CC credit and you're fine.

does anyone know if these courses would fulfill the one year bio requirement?

FUNDAMENTALS OF BIOLOGY (4 semester units, plus lab)

took 3/4 of the life science series on a quarter system:
Cells, Tissues, and Organs (4 units)
Introduction to Molecular Biology (4 units)
Genetics (4 units)
Introduction to Laboratory and Scientific Methodology (2 units of lab)

i'm just concerned because the "fundamentals of biology" was taken at CC and not in series with the other courses I took at university

thanks!

Sounds like you go to UCLA....you took LS2, 3, 4 and 23L, correct? The course you took at CC should be fine. LS1 probably isn't necessary as long as you took the CC course.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like you go to UCLA....you took LS2, 3, 4 and 23L, correct? The course you took at CC should be fine. LS1 probably isn't necessary as long as you took the CC course.

I think I can guess their community college too. If "Fundamentals of Biology" was taken at Santa Monica College then it articulates as LS 15 at UCLA.

Reactions: 1 user
I think I can guess their community college too. If "Fundamentals of Biology" was taken at Santa Monica College then it articulates as LS 15 at UCLA.

Yes that is correct, I was debating whether to take evolution ecology and biodiversity (LS 1) at UCLA to complete the series or if the cc bio course would be sufficient to complete the one year requirement

Yes that is correct, I was debating whether to take evolution ecology and biodiversity (LS 1) at UCLA to complete the series or if the cc bio course would be sufficient to complete the one year requirement
Technically LS 2,3, and 4 is a year of biology. LS1 doesn't seem to be a requirement for most upper division bio courses, so I imagine skipping it shouldn't be much of an issue. Is it a requirement for your major?