Biology review using DAT Destroyer bio notes & Feralis bio notes adequate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LidocaineMane32

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My DAT is in 4 weeks (been studying for 2 months with BC and chads vids) and Im now feeling like i dont know anything after going through the destroyer bio section and DAT Boosters bio questions. BC has been great but i feel like im seeing the same questions over and over. I know in Dr. Ramanos bio notes he highlights alot of topics saying "sure bet question" ( I can always hear Dr. Ramano's voice in my head saying it lol) and puts stars beside high yield topics... My question is, has anyone went through those notes only really focusing on those "high yield topics" and felt that it time well spent focusing on topics that are more likely to show up?

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone's experience will vary since there are multiple versions of the test going around. With 4 weeks left, I would definitely review Dr. Romano's notes. They are definitely comprehensive and then some.

Personally though, I felt it was just a bit too involved. Every single question I got on my DAT was straight from the 121pg Bootcamp notes even the couple I suspect I got wrong. Studying the explanations from Destroyer and a lot of supplemental Googling was sufficient for me.

My DAT is in 4 weeks (been studying for 2 months with BC and chads vids) and Im now feeling like i dont know anything after going through the destroyer bio section and DAT Boosters bio questions. BC has been great but i feel like im seeing the same questions over and over. I know in Dr. Ramanos bio notes he highlights alot of topics saying "sure bet question" ( I can always hear Dr. Ramano's voice in my head saying it lol) and puts stars beside high yield topics... My question is, has anyone went through those notes only really focusing on those "high yield topics" and felt that it time well spent focusing on topics that are more likely to show up?

My personal technique was to cross out portions of the notes I had been through and remembered thoroughly, because 4 weeks or so out I figured I would remember those points when the time came. Then I would only be stuck reviewing the things I found very important (starred concepts) and those that I often forgot. Rinse and repeat and soon enough you'll only be left with a few pages of the notes to review come test week.

I think Dr. Romano's notes were sufficient because there wasn't a ton of repetition. Whenever I needed something clarified I came across in either the notes or the Destroyer problems, I would do some googling like 0Mik suggested. You'd be surprised how much you will remember while looking things up for yourself instead of having them presented to you because it is much more active learning. I can still vividly remember some of the Wikipedia pages I read nearly a year ago at this point!

Reactions: 1 user