This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ss_pyt

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
SO I was studying the biology section and I chose to follow the DAT bootcamp study guide. But I was wondering how good the information will be for the DAT? Does it cover everything needed? Or does it go too in depth? The Anatomy and Physiology section alone is 123 pages! Total it's 400 pages, and I have about a month to learn it all. Should I just use the 20 page shortened section from an AP book or what? I'm getting really nervous. Please let me know the best study strategy for biology.
This is the link:
THANK YOU

Members don't see this ad.

I found Cliff's to be the most representative. I could recite Feralli's front to back, and I honestly don't really think it was worth it. Just about every question seemed to come straight from Cliff's on my version. However, I think there are some areas where Cliff's is a little weak, like Physiology, where supplementing with Ferrallis would be useful. Just don't try to get bogged down by detail. I was (and still am) stunned at how surface level the actual exam was. I could've studied 100 more hours and I bet I still would have gotten the same bio score. Since you have a month, I'd say at the very least get Cliff's down and if you have time remaining, maybe then take a swing at Ferralli's (ensuring you don't neglect other sections of course). Best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I found Cliff's to be the most representative. I could recite Feralli's front to back, and I honestly don't really think it was worth it. Just about every question seemed to come straight from Cliff's on my version. However, I think there are some areas where Cliff's is a little weak, like Physiology, where supplementing with Ferrallis would be useful. Just don't try to get bogged down by detail. I was (and still am) stunned at how surface level the actual exam was. I could've studied 100 more hours and I bet I still would have gotten the same bio score. Since you have a month, I'd say at the very least get Cliff's down and if you have time remaining, maybe then take a swing at Ferralli's (ensuring you don't neglect other sections of course). Best of luck!
thank you so much!