Biology section on DAT (What to focus on)

Started by aznnytezx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aznnytezx

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone who have taken the DAT within the past year, what exactly do you recommend me to focus on?

I understand that Cliffs is a great supplement for Biology section, but there are also some sections that need further reading with a different book such as Campbell.

Which sections are those? Thanks !
 
I didn't use Cliffs, but I just about used everything else. In chronological order, I read through KBB, did all of Destroyer, did tests 1-10 on datqvault, and re-did Destroyer. Through the entire process, I wrote down every single question I wasn't completely sure about and/or missed and made notecards on them (qvault has its own thing that you can use to go over any missed questions, but i made my own notecards for those questions anyways).

Then when I was taking practice tests from achiever, topscore, and any other random stuff, I always made sure to make notecards on stuff I didn't know. I would say that my preparation was adequate enough for at least a 21-22 no matter what. I ended up with a 23, which I attribute to luck because 2 random google searches on vagus nerve and afferent/efferent neurons the night before ended up being on the test.

Hope that helps.
 
If you go to adea dat section you can view possible topics tested for each science.I orinted those and made notecards. I had read a bit of cambells, schaums, ap cliff, kbb, barrons, destroyer. If I had to retake I would personally focus barrons and destroyer only. Some sections not covered in cliffs is covered by barrons imo. Genetics, physiology, cell/molecular bio are tested most I believe.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would recommend; Cliffs, Cambels, Destroyer and Shaums outlines. Recent DAT's started to include a lot of topics from microbiology and developmental bio. Hope this helps. Good luck.