This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tatertoes

Here to make the world a better place
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hope everyone is excited about Match. I sure am, and looking forward to next year.

From doing a little late research on most of the programs that I considered and ranked, it seems like mastering Biomechanics falls on the residents.

Even though I did well in school and boards, I never quite got comfortable with Biomechanics. What is your Biomechanics Bible of choice that you'd recommend? Is there any reference books that you've found to be a podiatrist favorite? I'd appreciate if you share.

Members don't see this ad.

Hope everyone is excited about Match. I sure am, and looking forward to next year.

From doing a little late research on most of the programs that I considered and ranked, it seems like mastering Biomechanics falls on the residents.

Even though I did well in school and boards, I never quite got comfortable with Biomechanics. What is your Biomechanics Bible of choice that you'd recommend? Is there any reference books that you've found to be a podiatrist favorite? I'd appreciate if you share.
You should look at Lower Extremity Biomechanics: Theory and Practice. It covers basics of gait and biomechanical exam then a very good review of Root biomechanics (including it's flaws) before going into more modern models like Kirby's work and sagittal plane facilitation. It very briefly touches on some more complex but less useful concepts too like mathematically looking at the metatarsal arc and tensegrity and stuff like that.

Overall a very good review of the foundation of biomechanics (Root) and where we are today with biomechanics and it's well written and easy to understand.

Only downsides are it's basically a textbook and it'll cost in the $100 range and since it's not really mass distributed it might take a couple of weeks to receive the book after you buy it.

You can find it at bipedmed.com, which I'm not affiliated with. Honestly, just a good book.

Enviado desde mi Pixel mediante Tapatalk