biomechanics on ABPM

Started by waqasbahi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

waqasbahi

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys....i am having a tough time figuring out what to study for the ABPM biomechanical portion. ABPM gives recommendations but I still have no clue what a good study source is for the biomechanical portion. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
 
Hey guys....i am having a tough time figuring out what to study for the ABPM biomechanical portion. ABPM gives recommendations but I still have no clue what a good study source is for the biomechanical portion. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Don’t take the test. It doesn’t guarantee you surgical privileges in any state. What’s the point?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN
 
Don’t take the test. It doesn’t guarantee you surgical privileges in any state. What’s the point?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN


+1

Also, the public has no idea what board qualified vs certified means. Of course ABFAS tells you that you are not supposed to advertise yourself as BQ. So unless this is for marketing I agree no point tondo abpm
 
Plenty of places will just ask you if you are board certified to obtain privileges. A few of my friends needed any BC to get their initial privileges. You can always get it initially after residency and then just drop it when you get ABFAS. I did both.

Biomechanics was a very minimal portion of the exam when I took it. I'd suggest just brushing up on your different types of AFOs, basic orthotics principles. Podiatry today probably has some good articles on that aspect.